The CALNOC Registry
CALNOC created the nation’s first database registry of nursing sensitive indicators.
The CALNOC Registry helps hospitals transform staffing, processes of care, and patient outcome data into powerful information to help guide decisions advancing improvement in patient care quality, costs, safety, and outcomes.
CALNOC customers have consistently been able to benchmark and translate their data into actionable information to guide decisions that enable them to reduce costs while improving patient care quality, safety, and outcomes,
The CALNOC registry captures and benchmark unit data, structural measures, process measures, and outcome measures, including:
Unit Level Data
- Adult Acute Care – Critical Care, Step Down, Medical, Surgical, Med/Surgical Combined
- Post Acute (SNF, Distinct Part)
- Acute Rehabilitation
- Emergency Department*
- Child & Maternal Care*
* New Unit Types to be introduced in early 2012
- Hours of Nursing Care per Patient Days
- Skill Mix**
- Percent Contracted Hours
- Voluntary Turnover
- RN Characteristics – Education, Experience, Years of Service
- Unit Rate of Admissions, Discharges and Transfers
** Calculated by CALNOC
- Falls & Hospital Acquired Pressure Ulcers
- Medication Administration Accuracy Safe Practices
- PICC Line Insertion Practices
- Hospital Acquired Pressure Ulcer by Stage
- Fall Rate and Injury Fall Rates
- Restraint Prevalence Rate
- Central Line-Associated Blood Stream Infections in PICC Lines
- Medication Administration Accuracy Nurse Safe Practices Finding and Error Rates
CALNOC Member hospitals reduced their Hospital Acquired Pressure Ulcer (HAPU) rates from 10% to 2.8%, with half of our hospitals achieving 0%. According to the American Society of Actuaries, Pressure Ulcers are the most frequent medical error and most preventable. They further cite the average cost per HAPU is $10,288.
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) assesses administration penalties of $50,000 - $100,000 for noncompliance with licensing requirements which caused, or was likely to cause, serious injury or death to patients. Participation in CALNOC can help to avoid these types of penalties.
Participation in the CALNOC registry can maximize your Value Base Purchasing performance improvement scores with clinical process of care (Core Measures).
Now is the time to improve on 2010 baseline measures. Join CALNOC. Join us in advancing global patient care excellence.